What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
We collect information necessary to carry out our business. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, photos or other details to help you with your experience. When you visit our website, we may automatically gather certain information using cookies and other tracking technologies. From time to time, we may gather information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and joint marketing partners. Please verify the privacy policies of these third parties prior to providing them information.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site, or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in
which you are most interested.
When processing your order, we share information we collect with other companies that help fulfill the order, including product fulfillment and payment processors. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order. We partner with other parties to provide specific services related to email communications, marketing, analytics, and web hosting. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. We also share your personal information with our shipping and communication partners, who will contact you to confirm your order, letting you know about returns/refunds and provide delivery confirmation. We may also use your personal information to provide customer service and answer questions about the status of your order.
We ensure our use of personal information is for legitimate business purposes, to meet the performance of a contract, to meet legal requirements, or to send you direct marketing with your consent.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We do not use Malware Scanning.
Payment/transaction information is stored, processed, and transmitted through PayPal.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site. Visit our Cookies Policy to learn more.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website. Our website may include links to third party websites that may collect your personal information. This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties, and we do not assume responsibility for the actions and practices of third parties. Please verify the privacy policies of third party websites you visit.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these rights. We may ask you to verify your identity.
- Access, update, or request deletion of personal information. You are responsible for keeping personal information up-to-date. You can ask us to update or correct inaccurate or incomplete information about you that you cannot update yourself. We keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for legitimate business purposes, to meet the performance of a contract, to meet legal requirements, or to protect our rights.
- Residents of the EEA can object to or restrict processing of their personal information or request portability of their personal information.
- Object to direct marketing. If personal information is collected or processed by your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of information prior to consent withdrawal or of processing conducted on other lawful grounds.
Retention of Data
We keep personal information for as long as we have a legitimate business or legal need.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 72 hours
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe/opt-out from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Advanced Innovation & Mfg
326 Pearl Avenue N.E.
New Philadelphia, Ohio 44663
Last Edited on 2018-06-04